[PyQt] QAccessible & related or: how to contribute

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Sun Aug 2 17:28:14 BST 2015

On 02/08/2015 5:14 pm, Jonas Wielicki wrote:

> Hi Phil,
>
> Thank you for your quick reply
>
> On 02.08.2015 17:59, Phil Thompson wrote:
>> On 02/08/2015 4:10 pm, Jonas Wielicki wrote:
>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>> I would like to see support for QAccessible. I have read in the
>>> archives that this could happen if anyone was able to provide a
>>> list of classes or similar[1] which need to be exported.
>>>
> [snip]
>>> (a) (I don’t assume a positive answer to that) Has the situation
>>> with QAccessible changed?
>>
>> No.
>
> In the meantime, I read through the documentation of Accessiblity
> features of Qt 5 [2]. From what I gather from that documentation, one
> would need any class which starts with QAccessible, including
> QAccessible itself.
>
> Is that sufficient information for you to integrate it into PyQt?

No, if it was that simple it would have been done already. What I need
is help from somebody who really understands how QAccessible is used.
The (potential) problem is that the C++ implementation may not be
wrappable.

QAccessible is only needed if you are writing new widgets from scratch
in Python - not something I would particularly recommend in the first
place.