[PyQt] QAccessible & related or: how to contribute

Jonas Wielicki jonas at wielicki.name
Sun Aug 2 17:14:48 BST 2015

Hi Phil,

Thank you for your quick reply

On 02.08.2015 17:59, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On 02/08/2015 4:10 pm, Jonas Wielicki wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> I would like to see support for QAccessible. I have read in the
>> archives that this could happen if anyone was able to provide a
>> list of classes or similar[1] which need to be exported.

[snip]
>> (a) (I don’t assume a positive answer to that) Has the situation
>> with QAccessible changed?
>
> No.

In the meantime, I read through the documentation of Accessiblity
features of Qt 5 [2]. From what I gather from that documentation, one
would need any class which starts with QAccessible, including
QAccessible itself.

Is that sufficient information for you to integrate it into PyQt?

>> (b) How are the contribution guidelines for PyQt? I was not able
>> to find such documentation on the website. Are patches accepted
>> at all? What are the licensing conditions for community-driven
>> patches? Is there anything like a public repository which
>> contributors can clone to stay up-to-date (with the GPL version)
>> while composing patches?
>
> Ownership of contributions must be transferred to Riverbank
> (although a completely separate module could be handled differently
> if necessary).

This is good to know.

- -- Jonas

   [2]: