[PyQt] Windows7 PyQt5 installer installs sip.exe but no sipconfig.py

Alan Ezust alan.ezust at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 17:48:25 BST 2014

I was just wondering, I installed PyQt5 in c:\Python33
and I can see sip.exe is installed under lib/site-packages/pyqt5 but I
can't find
a corresponding sipconfig.py for that version of SIP, so it seems not very
useful to me...
Is there a way to generate the sipconfig.py from an installed sip.exe?
Or is this a bug in the windows installer? I wanted to wrap some additional
qt libraries and make them available in python and I'm not sure if it is
necessary or even desireable to install another copy of SIP.