[PyQt] pyqt for android

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Sun Feb 23 07:43:13 GMT 2014

On 22-02-2014 11:16 pm, Aljoša Mohorović wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 11:22 PM, Phil Thompson
> <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:
>> I am developing a deployment tool which will make it easier to
>> create a
>> deployable package (for all platforms) but that is separate.
>
> This is much closer to what I'm looking for.
> Although I could spend a weekend figuring out what it takes to make a
> pyqt5 app work on android device what I'm actually looking for is
> tools/guides and a general feeling that eventual problems w/ pyqt5 on
> android will be resolved.
> I believe that I would be more productive developing android apps w/
> pyqt5 but not if I would spend most of time figuring out howto do
> basic stuff like creating app.apk or fixing platform
> runtime/deployment bugs instead of focusing on actual app
> development.
> Thanks for info
>
> Aljosa

Agreed. The deployment tool with take a Python installation, your
application, PyQt5 (much like tools like PyInstaller, py2exe etc) and
create a qmake .pro file and the required C++ source code for creating a
single application executable. The standard Qt tools will then handle
all the complicated packaging and deployment issues - for all platforms.

See...

http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/hg/pyqtdeploy/