[PyQt] pyqtdeploy not cross compiling package sip, target iOS, host OSX, using Qt5.4 (lloyd konneker)

lloyd konneker bootch at nc.rr.com
Tue Dec 30 15:37:01 GMT 2014

I believe my problem is that ‘make clean’ in the sip source directory does not delete siplib/Makefile.

The use case is that I download sip source once, say to ~/pyqtdeploy/Downloads/sip-4.16.5.  Where ~/pyqtdeploy is the directory structure suggested by the instructions at http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/pyqtdeploy/tutorial.html#ref-directory-structure (containing a sysroot-android, sysroot-ios, sysroot-osx.)  Then I ‘export TARGET=android-32’ and ‘export SYSROOT=$HOME/pyqtdeploy/sysroot-android’ and run the instructions given for building statically.  Then repeat for other targets.  The problem arises when you repeat for other targets, since the scripts do not delete (or refresh) the old Makefiles.

(At this line:
cd siplib/ && ( test -e Makefile || /Users/bootch/Qt/5.4/android_armv7/bin/qmake /Users/bootch/pensoolpyqtdeploy/Downloads/sip-4.16.5/siplib/siplib.pro -Wall -d -o Makefile ) && /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -f Makefile install
)

I tried ‘make distclean’ also, but that make target doesn’t exist.  I suppose it is a problem that some users want to start with make and some want to start with qmake, so you can’t delete Makefiles willy nilly.