[PyQt] Building PyQtChart

Mark Mordeca mark.mordeca at prosensus.ca
Thu Oct 17 15:15:17 BST 2013

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your insight.  This has me in the right track however I am
confused as to why the paths are turning out the way they are.  When I do
configure.py --help I get:

c:\QtEnterprise\PyQtCharts\PyQtChart-commercial-1.3>python configure.py
--help

Usage: python configure.py [options]

  --version             show program's version number and exit

  -h, --help            show this help message and exit

  --spec=SPEC           win32-msvc2008

  --configuration=FILE  FILE defines the target configuration

  -d DIR, --destdir=DIR

                        install the QtChart module in DIR [default:

                        *C:\Python27_64_UpgLibs\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4*]

  --protected-is-public

                        enable building with 'protected' redefined as
'public'

                        [default: False]

  --protected-not-public

                        disable building with 'protected' redefined as

                        'public'

  --pyqt=PyQtn          configure for PyQt4 or PyQt5 [default: PyQt4]

  --sip=FILE            the pathname of sip is FILE [default:

                        *C:\Python27_64_UpgLibs\sip.exe*]

  --sip-incdir=DIR      the directory containing the sip.h header file file
is

                        DIR [default: *C:\Python27_64_UpgLibs\Include*]

  --pyqt-sipdir=DIR     the directory containing the PyQt .sip files is DIR

                        [default: *C:\Python27_64_UpgLibs\sip\PyQt4*]

  -v DIR, --qtchart-sipdir=DIR

                        the QtChart .sip files will be installed in DIR

                        [default: *C:\Python27_64_UpgLibs\sip\PyQt4*]

  -c, --concatenate     concatenate the C++ source files

  -j N, --concatenate-split=N

                        split the concatenated C++ source files into N
pieces

                        [default: 1]

  -k, --static          build the QtChart module as a static library

  --no-docstrings       disable the generation of docstrings

  -r, --trace           build the QtChart module with tracing enabled

  -u, --debug           build the QtChart module with debugging symbols

  -w, --verbose         enable verbose output during configuration

  -T, --no-timestamp    suppress timestamps in the header comments of

                        generated code [default: include timestamps]

The default directories it picks up are the correct ones, however when I
actually run configure.py:

c:\QtEnterprise\PyQtCharts\PyQtChart-commercial-1.3>python configure.py

PyQt 4.9.5 is being used.

Qt 4.8.3 is being used.

c:\QtEnterprise\PyQtCharts\PyQtChart-commercial-1.3>This is the commercial
versi

on of PyQtChart 1.3.

QtCommercialChart 1.3.0 is being used.

PyQt 4.9.5 is being used.

Qt v4.8.3 free edition is being used.

SIP 4.14.1 is being used.

The QtChart package will be installed in

*C:\Python27_64\Lib\site-packages\PyQt4*.

The QtChart .sip files will be installed in *C:\Python27_64\sip\PyQt4*.

The QtChart module is being built with generated docstrings.

Generating the C++ source for the QtChart module...

sip: Deprecation warning: *C:\Python27_64\sip\PyQt4/QtGui/QtGuimod.sip*:17:
%Modul

e version number should be specified using the 'version' argument

sip: Deprecation warning: C:\Python27_64\sip\PyQt4/QtCore/QtCoremod.sip:17:
%Mod

ule version number should be specified using the 'version' argument

sip: Deprecation warning: C:\Python27_64\sip\PyQt4/QtCore/QtCoremod.sip:47:
%Opt

ionalInclude is deprecated, use %Include and the 'optional' argument instead

sip: Deprecation warning: C:\Python27_64\sip\PyQt4/QtCore/QtCoremod.sip:69:
%Opt

ionalInclude is deprecated, use %Include and the 'optional' argument instead

sip: Deprecation warning: C:\Python27_64\sip\PyQt4/QtCore/QtCoremod.sip:70:
%Opt

ionalInclude is deprecated, use %Include and the 'optional' argument instead

sip: Deprecation warning: C:\Python27_64\sip\PyQt4/QtCore/QtCoremod.sip:71:
%Opt

ionalInclude is deprecated, use %Include and the 'optional' argument instead

sip: C:\Python27_64\sip\PyQt4/QtCore/QtCoremod.sip:73: syntax error

Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

It is grabbing completely different python directories.  C:\Python27_64 is
not even on  my path, C:\Python27_64_UpgLibs is.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks.