[PyQt] PyQt5 and the QtQuick module

Brendan Donegan brendan.donegan at canonical.com
Tue May 28 14:18:20 BST 2013

Hi,

I'm interested in using PyQt5 to implement an application I'm working
on, as I want to use the Ubuntu Touch SDK and the Qml widgets it
provides. I've tried building the snapshot of PyQt5 and noticed that the
QtDeclarative module does not get built. I understand now that this is
due to the QtDeclarative module having been deprecated and sort of
'renamed' as QtQuick. What I'd like to know is if support for this
module will be added soon to PyQt5. If necessary I'd be willing to add
the support myself with a little guidance (depending on how complicated
it is).

Also, are there any plans to provide a debian package for PyQt5? Again
if necessary I'd be willing to look at doing the work to make this happen.

Thanks,