[PyQt] ANN: PyQt v4.9.2 and SIP v4.13.3 Released

Kovid Goyal kovid at kovidgoyal.net
Sat Jun 23 07:32:36 BST 2012

I find that with PyQt 4.9.2 and SIP 4.13.2 or 4.13.3 calls to
QMainWindow::saveState freeze in *some* circumstances. Reverting to PyQt
4.9.1 fixes the issue. The freezes are happening in a closeEvent
handler (linux 64bit, Qt 4.8.2, compiled from source packages).

I haven't been able to figure out exactly when or produce a simple test
case. But I thought I should document the problem in case other people
experience it.

Kovid.