[PyQt] Cannot 'configure' PyQt4.9 before build on Linuxmint

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Thu Apr 26 20:41:47 BST 2012

Am Wednesday 25 April 2012 14:28:54 schrieb Brian Kelley:
> That would have been nice, except (1) This affected multiple distress that
> did not have the openSUSE build service (2) I need to build with multiple
> pythons (2.3Š2.7) (3) I need to install into a specific prefix and PyQt is
> not easily re-locatable and (4) I use the commercial distribution and this
> affected ubuntu and SLED10.

Hmm, (1, 4) did you notice the broad range of distros, that BS supports -
including various debian, ubuntu and SuSE commercial releases...

(2) Building against various python distros is a matter of including that
python version within that project.

(3) I usually do path tinkering in spec files with sed scripts without
modifying the source nor creating a patch.

Finally, setting up a private BS is a bit of a hassle and non rpm based
packaging adds some complexity, though.

You're free to do whatever you want of course - I just wanted to show some
interesting alternatives to the ordinary build from tarballs..

Pete