[PyQt] QTreeView DragDropMode (Copy vs. Move)

hosscomp ronnie.a.shoemaker at lmco.com
Tue Apr 17 18:50:34 BST 2012

I may be talking to myself only, but I am getting closer. I subclassed two
models with different MimeData subclasses of QMimeData giving them different
MIME_TYPE strings. I created two instances of QTreeView, one with each of
the models.  One of the models (say model B) is set to accept both of the
MIME_TYPE's.

I can now drag from tree A to tree B as before with no problem. So it seems.

I next want to drag (move) that item to a new location.  When I do this,
model B's dropMimeData method gets mimedata.instance() and it returns only a
string value of model A's mime type.  It appears that the local_instance in
model B is getting assigned only that string on the drop instead of the
node.

Any help will be appreciated.

Ron