[PyQt] Sudoku Grid - Recommended Approaches

Wolfgang Rohdewald wolfgang at rohdewald.de
Thu Feb 4 07:50:38 GMT 2010

On Thursday 04 February 2010, Kareem Yusuf wrote:
> I'm looking for some advice on the best way to implement a sudoku
> grid using PyQt. I am new to PyQt and Python so my following
> thoughts are shaped by other language experiences (c# and Java).

did you consider a QGraphicsScene and QGraphicsRectItem for the
squares? The more eye candy you want the more this probably
makes sense. And you never have to worry about scaling issues.

I implemented a class for such a grid that way for Kajongg where
the grid holds Mah Jongg tiles. Your grid should be easier since
you have no shadows, no partial offsets and no rotated items to
consider.

--
Wolfgang