[PyQt] Sudoku Grid - Recommended Approaches

Kareem Yusuf koyusuf at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 05:05:12 GMT 2010

I'm looking for some advice on the best way to implement a sudoku grid using
PyQt. I am new to PyQt and Python so my following thoughts are shaped by
other language experiences (c# and Java).

   1. I am assuming using a TableWidget is a bad idea, my experience has
   shown you can never get the cells to be truly square
   2. This leads me to assume a grid of Labels or Text boxes may make sense,
   not quite sure how to paint the necessary lines to delineate the various
   regions
   3. I was thinking my best approach is to create a grid widget that I can
   then use in my actual application

Would appreciate any pointers anyone can give, I am looking for the way to
be most productive and I am a little stumped on the best way to proceed.

Thanks