[PyQt] Forum

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Apr 8 19:12:17 BST 2010

On Thursday 08 April 2010 14:04:20 Francesco Biccari wrote:
> I have been in this mailing list for few days, however I noticed that
> a mailing list
> is very inefficient.
> I think that a forum is the rigth answer.

I think you are younger than 20 years.(*)

A forum is nice. But try following twenty forums all with their topics and
threads every day for more then one month (of holiday).
Following mailinglists trough your mail-client is much better. No
advertisement forced on you by the forum-owner, no needless stuff like blicking
pics, much better thread support (depends on the client of course). And all in
one view, not in twenty browser windows/tabs.
You can keep your own archive, you can use the lists archive, you can use the
archives of google and friends to search the topics...

(*) I found people below a certain age, don't pin me on the 20, to be more
used to forums (with proprietary private messages) then to email where'd get
much more for free. Interesting. And this changes after some time and some
experience. Sometimes it also the beginners liking forums more. But my
experience is that they either find a mailinglist-to-forum gateway or soon
realize the advantages of mailing-lists...