[PyQt] [proposal]split ui setting functions into a separate class function

Grissiom chaos.proton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 13:20:48 BST 2010

Hello all,

I use designer + pyuic4 a lot to generate the GUI. I am happy to set the
default values directly in the designer for some widgets such as spinbox or
label. Currently pyuic4 will put all the setting functions(such as
setProperty("value", 500)) in setupUI. But it will be painful if I want to
_reset_ the whole ui in the run time. I tried to delete the ui and resetup
the whole thing. But it is not an elegant way. Is there anyway to put all
that stuff into a "setupUiProperty" function of generated class? Thanks in
advance.

P.S. I know I can reset them by hand. But I don't want to duplicate the code
and parameters.

--
Cheers,
Grissiom