[PyQt] Next Releases of PyQt and SIP

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Sun Oct 18 09:15:48 BST 2009

Am Sonntag 18 Oktober 2009 schrieb Melton Low:
> Executing PyQt4's configure.py on Mac OS X 10.4.11 continues to produce
> errors.
> This is on a PPC Mac running OS X 10.4.11:
> Python 2.6.3
> Qt 4.5.3 carbon version
> Sip 4.9.1 snapshots 20091015
> PyQt4 4.6.1 snapshots 20091014
>
> Configuration problem sharted with:
> Qt 4.5.3 carbon version
> Sip 4.9.1 snapshots 20091002
> PyQt4 4.6.1 snapshots 20091002
>
> Problem disappeared if I completely removed Qt and reinstalled an earlier
> version of Qt:
> Qt 4.5.2 carbon version
> Sip 4.9.1 snapshots 20091001
> PyQt4 4.6.1 snapshots 20091001
>
> I had posted the problem earlier.  If this is being worked on, please
> ignore this.  In case the new configure verbose output is useful I am
> including it as an attachment since it's quite lengthy.

That line looks suspicious:

g++ -c -pipe -g -gdwarf-2 -arch
i386 -Wall -W -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/local/Qt4.5/mkspecs/macx-g++
 -I. -I/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/4/Headers
 -I/usr/include/QtCore -I/usr/include -I. -F/Library/Frameworks -o qtdirs.o
 qtdirs.cpp

It looks like it is confused about two Qt installations. Remove one and try
again.

Pete