[PyQt] Garbage collection, signals to partial functions

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Tue Nov 17 23:15:36 GMT 2009

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 17:31:29 +0100, Martin Teichmann
<martin.teichmann at mbi-berlin.de> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> already recently, I reported a problem with
> partial functions as slots not being correctly
> garbage collected. As Phil noted, this was
> fixed in recent snapshots. But since my
> code still wouldn't run properly, I investigated
> a bit more and wrote the following new test case,
> where still the objects are not garbage collected,
> although they should be.
>
> This time I tested with latest snapshot
> (4.6.2-snapshot-20091115 and 4.9.2-snapshot-20091115)

This will be fixed in SIP v4.10. I won't fix it for v4.9.2 because it's too
close to it being released and this is a long-standing bug. It's possible
that fixing it might expose a corner case. However a patch is attached if
you want to try it.

Thanks,