[PyQt] PyQt4, Qt on osx SnowLeopard

Massimo Di Stefano massimodisasha at yahoo.it
Tue Nov 17 17:50:07 GMT 2009

Hi,

Starting on a fresh osx Snow Lepoard installation, what it the procedure to follow to have pyqt up and running ?

i tried to Qt-4.5.3 installer, but it fails with a nerror (no succesfull installation)
So i tried the last Qt4.6 release candidate (i choose the sdk big download)
it install without errors, but PyQt fails to build giving the errors :

#error "You are building a 64-bit application, but using a 32-bit version of Qt

this the results of configure :

Qt v4.6.0 free edition is being used.
Qt is built as a framework.
SIP 4.9.2-snapshot-20091115 is being used.
The Qt header files are in /usr/include.
The shared Qt libraries are in /Library/Frameworks.
The Qt binaries are in /Developer/Tools/Qt.
The Qt mkspecs directory is in /usr/local/Qt4.6.
These PyQt modules will be built: QtCore.
The PyQt Python package will be installed in /Library/Python/2.6/site-packages.
The Designer plugin will be installed in
/Developer/Applications/Qt/plugins/designer.
The PyQt .sip files will be installed in /usr/local/share/sip/PyQt4.
pyuic4, pyrcc4 and pylupdate4 will be installed in /usr/local/bin.
Generating the C++ source for the QtCore module...
Creating the Makefile for the QtCore module...
Generating the C++ source for the Qt module...
Creating the Makefile for the Qt module...
Creating QScintilla API file...
Creating top level Makefile...
Creating QPy support library for QtCore Makefile...
Creating QPy support libraries Makefile...
Creating pyuic4 wrapper...
Creating pyuic4 Makefile...
pylupdate4 and pyrcc4 will not be built because the Qt XML module is missing.

and this the error :

.6.2-snapshot-20091115/qpy/QtCore -I/usr/local/include -I/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/include/python2.6 -I/mkspecs/macx-g++ -I/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers -I/usr/include -F/Users/sasha/Downloads/PyQt-mac-gpl-4.6.2-snapshot-20091115/qpy/QtCore -F/Library/Frameworks -o sipQtCorecmodule.o sipQtCorecmodule.cpp
In file included from /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qmetatype.h:45,
                 from /Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/QMetaType:1,
                 from sipAPIQtCore.h:40,
                 from sipQtCorecmodule.cpp:34:
/Library/Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Headers/qglobal.h:288:2: error: #error "You are building a 64-bit application, but using a 32-bit version of Qt. Check your build configuration."
make[1]: *** [sipQtCorecmodule.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

My questions :

what is the procedure to have both qt+pyqt working on snow leopard?
need i to use the cocoa-Qt4.6-64 bit  release candidate
 instead of the sdk disk-image installer ?

thanks for any suggestion!
Massimo.