[PyQt] Re: PyQt 4.5 snapshot build (windows and mac)

Michael Held michael.held at bc.biol.ethz.ch
Sun May 17 20:47:53 BST 2009

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 17.05.09 13:51:13, Michael Held wrote:
>> Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>>> No you don't. Both the GPL and LGPL version of Qt4 build just fine with
>>> MSVC 2005 or later (IIRC MSVC is supported in the GPL version since 4.3).
>>>
>> thanks for your infos. I installed the non-commercial Qt4.5 binaries
>
> Missed that part, the binary package of Qt4.5 is of course compiled with
> MinGW. However you can simply fetch the source package and build it
> yourself with MSVC.
>
>> actually mingw is fine for me, or are there serious implications I do
>> not know about?
>
> Well, its only slightly less broken than MSVC6 wrt. some C++ constructs and
> its horribly slow too.
>
> Andreas

thanks for the infos. so you say
PyQt-Py2.6-gpl-4.5-snapshot-20090504-1.exe was build with mingw?
actually I was pretty impressed by the speed of VC9 - but compared to
gcc I would say it was time!
anyway, I am fine with mingw32, but tried to find out why my py2exe dist
is not transferable to another PC.
I switched to this binary snapshot of PyQt 4.5 but py2exe is now
struggling to find MSVCP90.DLL...

michael