[PyQt] Re: Bindings for Qxt?

Benjamin Wohlwend bw at piquadrat.ch
Sat May 9 09:52:06 BST 2009

Hi,

On Sun, May 3, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Benjamin Wohlwend <bw at piquadrat.ch> wrote:

> Turns out SIP is so great that even a C++ newbie like me is able to
> use it. I was able to write a SIP binding for QxtFlowView. It builds
> and installs cleanly, so I guess it will work, but I had no time to
> test it yet.

I'll have to correct that: I could compile and use the bindings on
Linux and OSX, but not on Windows. To be exact, I could compile it on
windows (resulting in a qxtflowview.pyd, qxtflowview.dll and
qxtflowview.a). But when I put qxtflowview.pyd in my site-packages
folder and the .dll and .a files into all kinds of folders (I tried
folder of the main module, site-packages folder, C:\Python25 and
C:\Windows\system32), Python says this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and
Settings\Benjamin\workspace\underCover\src\underCover.py", line 25, in
<module>
    from undercover.gui.mainwindow import UnderCover
  File "C:\Documents and
Settings\Benjamin\workspace\underCover\src\undercover\gui\mainwindow.py",
line 29, in <module>
    from   undercover.gui.designer.Ui_mainwindow import Ui_underCover
  File "C:\Documents and
Settings\Benjamin\workspace\underCover\src\undercover\gui\designer\Ui_mainwindow.py",
line 10, in <module>
    from undercover.gui.widgets import CoversListView, QueriesTreeView
  File "C:\Documents and
Settings\Benjamin\workspace\underCover\src\undercover\gui\widgets.py",
line 22, in <module>
    from qxtflowview import QxtFlowView
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

What could be the cause of this? I used Qt SDK 2009.02, mingw32,
Python 2.5 and PyQt 4.4.3-1.

BTW: my code is here:
http://undercover.piquadrat.ch/browser/src/undercover/gui/qxt

Regards,