[PyQt] Re: Bindings for Qxt?

Benjamin Wohlwend bw at piquadrat.ch
Sun May 3 17:14:17 BST 2009

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 8:39 PM, Benjamin Wohlwend <bw at piquadrat.ch> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately, my C++ skills are practically inexistent, same goes for my knowledge of SIP.
> I tried to translate QxtFlowView and the classes it uses to Python, but I've hit a wall where
> the C++ code uses QImage::scanLine and does fancy bit operations on the raw data.
> Even if I could translate that to Python, I suspect performance to be quite sub par.

Turns out SIP is so great that even a C++ newbie like me is able to
use it. I was able to write a SIP binding for QxtFlowView. It builds
and installs cleanly, so I guess it will work, but I had no time to
test it yet.

So, thanks for providing such great Qt bindings and such a great
bindings generator!

On Sat, May 2, 2009 at 8:47 PM, David Boddie <david at boddie.org.uk> wrote:

> There are SIP-based bindings for PictureFlow. Someone might be able to use
> those as a starting point:

Thanks for the heads up. I was indeed able to use the PictureFlow SIP
bindings as a template.

Kind regards,
Benjamin Wohlwend