[PyQt] postgresql

Stuart McGraw smcg2297 at frii.com
Tue Mar 17 03:16:57 GMT 2009

Hello All,

I am trying to decide on a GUI toolkit to use in a
Python application that has lot of database (Postgresql)
interaction.

I have never used PyQt, used WxPython a little, but have
not used any GUI toolkit enough to make a decision based
on personal experience, hence this request for some guidance.

Is it true the stock PyQt for Windows does not come with a
database driver for PostgreSQL?  (I am using version Postgresql
8.3.5 if it matters).  Is a windows binary available anywhere
that has whatever is needed to work with Pg?

Alternatively, is it possible to use Qt's SQL-based controls
with a Python DBI database driver (pysopg2 for example)?

Finally (no intent to troll), any comments on the ease or
lack thereof, developing database apps in PyQt vs other
GUI toolkits (wxPython, Dabo, etc)?

Thanks for any enlightenment.