[PyQt] PyKDE segfaults when calling group() on KSharedConfig object

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Fri Feb 27 16:08:16 GMT 2009

Benno Dielmann wrote:
> config = KSharedConfig.openConfig()
> group = config.group('General')
>
> The second line results in a segfault. Interestingly, it doesn't if the config
> object is returned by KGlobal.config(). Documentation tells us KGlobal.config()
> returns a KSharedConfig object as does KSharedConfig.openConfig(). Strange.

I've committed a fix for KSharedConfig.openConfig() in KDE 4.2.1 (out
next week). It keeps things working but appears to leak memory. I'll
probably have another look at the problem and make something better for
4.2.2.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/