[PyQt] LGPL license.

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 21:10:05 GMT 2009

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Andreas Pakulat <apaku at gmx.de> wrote:
> On 10.02.09 19:56:44, Knapp wrote:
>> I see that the newer QT4.5 has the LGPL license. Does this mean that
>> pyQT will also have this license? Does using this license mean that
>> you can use the lib and write a closed source app without having to
>> pay for a license?
>
> Please read the archive, this has already come up once or twice this
> year.
>
> Andreas

Thanks for that important point about the archives. I did read it! It
is as clear as mud.
QT is LGPL
KDE is LGPL
pyKDE is ??? LGPL???
pyQT is not?? and never will be but maybe someone named Phil is still
thinking about it?

That is the best I can tell by all that but really someone could just
be straight and answer my question.

Comes down to if pyQT is LGPL then I write in my fav lang python, if
not then I go back and relearn C++ and face the brackets that I hoped
never to face again. :-)

Anyway answer like that are about as helpful and friendly as RTFM.

--
Douglas E Knapp

Why do we live?