[PyQt] ActiveX Question

Hazen Babcock hbabcock at mac.com
Wed Dec 2 23:59:01 GMT 2009

Hello,

Does anyone know the right way to call a ActiveX function that expects
to get a argument by reference? For example, if there is a function
called "getPosition(double *)" how do I call this function? I thought
that I was close with:

pos = -1.0
self.dynamicCall('getPosition(double &)', pos)

This does not complain about the wrong parameter type, or generate any
other warning/error messages, but it also does not change the value of
pos to 1.0 as expected. Using pos = QtCore.QVariant(-1.0) also does not
work. self is a QAxWidget object.

Any links or pointers would be appreciated.

Thank you,
-Hazen