[PyQt] Rapid PyQt book - examples for Python 2.6

Mark Summerfield mark at qtrac.eu
Mon Sep 29 14:16:57 BST 2008

Hi,

Just to let you know that I've now produced an additional version of the
examples that accompany my book, "Rapid GUI Programming with Python and
Qt", ISBN 0132354187. The new archive uses Python 2.6 syntax and is
available from http://www.qtrac.eu/pyqtbook.html

I've also taken the opportunity to change the import style from the
space-saving one used in the book (from PyQt4.QtGui import *) to the one
most commonly used in practice (from PyQt4 import QtGui). The new import
style and the use of the print() function and the str.format() method
are the main syntactic changes.

Since Python 2.6 isn't officially available yet I've tested against
release candidate 2 and the PyQt 4.4.4 snapshot and used the -3 flag.

I hope that this is useful to those who want to make the move to 2.6!

--
Mark Summerfield, Qtrac Ltd, www.qtrac.eu
    C++, Python, Qt, PyQt - training and consultancy