[PyQt] PyKDE4, KApplication and DBus

Wilbert Berendsen wbsoft at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 28 15:45:41 GMT 2008

Hi,

I am writing a kde application in PyKDE4 that embeds katepart and okular. That
works fine, but I also want to export my own DBus object to implement a
simple general methods (like openUrl) for my app.

Currently KApplication, KatePart etc. all register their objects under the
bus-name "org.myapplication-$pid". where 'myapplication' is set from the
homepage URL in the aboutData.

But it seems I can't get my own object (created using dbus-python) under the
same bus name.

Is there  a way to add my own (dbus-python) object to the existing busname
that is registered by KApplication?

with best regards and TIA,
Wilbert Berendsen

--