[PyQt] simpler 'connect' function

Peter Shinners pshinners at blizzard.com
Thu Jan 17 18:59:00 GMT 2008

Aaron Digulla:
> I've wasted several hours searching for typos so far, so
> I can't live with the current state and making this area
> even more volatile will only increase the chance that I'll
> give up on PyQt and create a fork.

At minimum I'm talking about the simplification of a single argument to
an existing function. You are talking about entirely new attributes that
leave no room for expansion and bring new ambiguities.

I've been using Pyqt for several years the way it is. I don't feel it's
broken and fork-worthy as you do. I do see room for improvements, and
don't need drastic changes.

> Remember: If everyone in the world would develop software
> the way you do, you'd be unemployed.

I'm not sure how to interpret this. I hope to keep using Pyqt for a long
time.