[PyQt] Using PyQt within an application

Darryl Wallace darryl.wallace at prosensus.ca
Thu Aug 14 20:54:54 BST 2008

I'm assuming you're using a QDialog.

A)If it's a standard dialog (with OK/Cancel) then I usually use the
accept()/reject() slots on the dialog.  These close the dialog and
return the status of the dialog upon exit (accepted or rejected).

B) I would guess that you don't want the dialog to be modal.  this way
you can still interact with the application that called it.  Use the
method on the dialog, setModal(False) to turn off modality.

darryl