[PyQt] Using PyQt within an application

andYpsilon andreasfrickinger at me.com
Thu Aug 14 20:42:48 BST 2008

Hi! I am starting a PyQt dialog from inside an application (The Compositing
package Nuke from The Foundry) to use the application specific python
module.

The problem is, as soon as I am in the main event loop, Nuke crashes when
doing something outside of the dialog. This would be somehow OK, if the
quit() or the exit() function wouldn't quit the whole application instead of
only closing the dialog window.

Does anyone know how to: A) -Quit a dialog without quitting the application
from which the dialog was startetd??

or B) How to run the main event loop that the application from whioch the
dialog was started can still be used??

thx,
a desperate andy