[PyQt] pyuic expects certain property methods in Designer plugins

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.co.uk
Sat Oct 6 11:40:01 BST 2007

On Friday 05 October 2007, Arve Knudsen wrote:
> Hi
> I've just written a Designer plugin in Python, which I have to say is very
> nice. However I discovered some surprising behaviour in pyuic. My widget
> contains Qt properties (defined using pyqtProperty), but the generated code
> don't use the properties, instead it tries to use the underlying methods!?
> I discovered this for the reason that I use a different naming convention
> than pyuic apparently expected. For instance, I had a property "value", for
> which pyuic expected there to be a setter method "setValue". I hope it
> isn't on purpose that pyuic tries to use underlying methods instead of the
> properties themselves?
>
> I'm using PyQt 4.3 commercial edition.
>
> Thanks,
> Arve

If everything is working as it should then it depends on what you have called
the setter. If it begins with "set" then pyuic (and uic) should use it
directly and not use setProperty(). However this has probably not had a lot
of testing.

What have you called your setter?

Does uic behave differently to pyuic?