[PyQt] pyuic expects certain property methods in Designer plugins

Arve Knudsen arve.knudsen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 20:38:36 BST 2007

Hi
I've just written a Designer plugin in Python, which I have to say is very
nice. However I discovered some surprising behaviour in pyuic. My widget
contains Qt properties (defined using pyqtProperty), but the generated code
don't use the properties, instead it tries to use the underlying methods!? I
discovered this for the reason that I use a different naming convention than
pyuic apparently expected. For instance, I had a property "value", for which
pyuic expected there to be a setter method "setValue". I hope it isn't on
purpose that pyuic tries to use underlying methods instead of the properties
themselves?

I'm using PyQt 4.3 commercial edition.

Thanks,
Arve