[PyQt] PyQt v4.3a1 Binary Installer for Windows

Sundance sundance at ierne.eu.org
Mon Jun 25 09:46:14 BST 2007

Phil wrote:

> I've created a binary Windows installer for what will be PyQt v4.3 at

http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/Downloads/PyQt4/GPL/PyQt-gpl-4.3a1-Py2.5.exe

Oh, wonderful! Thank you Phil, this will make deploying stuff on Windows
that much easier. :)

Speaking of which, Giovanni -- if I remember correctly (which I may not,
on account of silly brain), you mentioned to me having worked on a PyQt
installer mode where everything is compiled statically inside a
single .pyd, leading to drastic space reduction. Did you get it into
any sufficiently good shape that the rest of us could use it to ship
PyInstaller-made packages for PyQt software that actually don't weigh
in the tens of MBs? That'd be awesome. :)

Thanks,

-- S.