[PyQt] Is there an easy way to install pyqt?

hok kakada hokkakada at khmeros.info
Wed Jun 20 08:11:15 BST 2007

Dear List,

I have written my program using python language and qt as its GUI.
In order to run it, it needs so many requirements as list below:

sip-4.4.5 or higher a Python C/C++ Bindings Generator
http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/sip/

PyQt-x11-gpl-4.0 or higher, the Python bindings for the Qt GUI toolkit
http://www.riverbankcomputing.co.uk/pyqt

Qt4.2 or higher, a GUI toolkit
http://www.trolltech.com/developer/downloads/qt

Python 2.3 or higher (shipped with most Linux distributions)
http://www.python.org/

Moreover, installing pyqt and qt take lots of time, about half a day or a day,
if problem exist.

In addition, I was wondering why there is no rpm files for downloading? I
browsed through their websites, but I couldn't find the rpm file that is, I
think, easier for normal user.

For example, if my friend wants to try my program, she has to install all
requirements first which is not a happy way for testing.

Further more, the current version of pyqt is  PyQt-x11-gpl-4.2.tar.gz, and I
want to use the backward version PyQt-x11-gpl-4.0.tar.gz, unfortunately I
couldn't find on the pyqt website.

Am I missing something? could anybody please give me some clues?

Kind Regards,
da