[PyQt] QT4/QTabWidget tab add/remove/

S James S Stapleton stapleton at mps.ohio-state.edu
Sat Jun 9 01:23:58 BST 2007

[sorry if this was posted already, I accidentally sent it to the old list, and
was given an error]

I have a tabwidget in an application where tabs are being added/removed at
runtime, according to loaded data and user commands. The problem is, that
when tabs are added, they appear in the background of the current tab, as an
underlay. If I cycle through the loaded tabs they dissapear. but that's
tedious to do every run while debugging.

If I try to hide the tab after adding it, with hide(), its content will never
show up, even if I select that tab.

If I try to hide the tabs parent widget after it shows up, no tab content will
show up.

I can provide the code if need-be, but I'd like to see if anyone has quick
ideas from that first (it's a bit of a hassle for me to get to the code
online, and as it is, I'm extremely irritated after fighting with this for
several hours.)

Thanks
-Jim Stapleton