[PyQt] Python 2.5, QT 4.3.0, PyQt4 built from sources on WinXP using MSVC 2005

Nick Kitchiner RustyJunk at nerdshack.com
Sat Jul 28 19:26:13 BST 2007

Hi Folks

can you help. I have run out of ideas.

I have downloaded Python2.5 installed it, everything fine.
I downloaded the GPL QT 4.3.0 built it with MSVC 2005 installed it etc,
seems to be fine.
I downloaded the PyQt4 windows binaries, installed,didn't seem to work
at all.
I downloaded the PyQt4 source.
Built Sip with MSVC 2005 installed it. (sorted problems with manifests)
Built PyQt4 with MSVC 2005 (lots of problems with makefiles, but it all
seemed kosher in the end) installed it, sorted out anything I could see
with manifests.

Try to import PyQt4.Qt and get windows error R6034 - manifest error.

 >>> import PyQt4.Qt

Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
   import PyQt4.Qt
 File "D:\Python25\lib\site-packages\PyQt4\Qt.py", line 1, in <module>
   from PyQt4.QtCore import *
ImportError: DLL load failed: A dynamic link library (DLL)
initialization routine failed.

What am I missing.

Nick Kitchiner