[PyQt] Problems with QX11EmbedContainer

Gustavo A. Díaz gustavo.diaz at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 01:30:30 BST 2007

By the way David, i have this debug and i know that is related to that
implementation of QX11Embed...

QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.
QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running.

What does mean? or what is wrong?

Indeed the Xterm console is being embed, i just have that in my debug.

It happens whatever (and not always or in the same place of the app) when am
navigating around my app or in the different listwidgets.

Thanks!

Cheers.

2007/7/27, David Boddie <david at boddie.org.uk>:

> On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 19:44:11 -0300, Gustavo A. Díaz wrote:
>
> > I am having troubles to make QX11EmbedContainer to work.
> >
> > I am trying to ebbed a Xterm console inside a frame.
> > I've tested this method with QX11EmbedContainer in a example with
> Mplayer
> > movie, and that worked.
> > I am following that example but with the xterm is not working, only
> > sometimes shows this while executing the MainApp:
> >
> > "QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running"
> >
> > Nothing more.
>
> Looking at your code, it seems that you are passing the wrong option
> to xterm:
>
> self.parameters_list = ['-wid', str(wid), '-bg', 'black', '-fg', 'white',
>                         '-geometry', '90x25']
>
> You should be passing '-into' rather than '-wid'. It might also be a good
> idea to pass the QX11EmbedContainer's window ID using QString.number(wid)
> instead of just str(wid). Python may interpret the ID as a long integer
> value, so its representation will include a trailing "L" - it's not
> something you really want to pass to xterm.
>
> David

Gustavo A. Díaz
GDNet Projects
www.gdnet.com.ar