[PyQt] Problems with QX11EmbedContainer

Gustavo A. Díaz gustavo.diaz at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 00:13:23 BST 2007

Thanks David!! that worked.

Now i am having an annoying problem about stackedWidget. It seems that every
time i click on a listwidget i am adding always the corresponding
stackedWidget to that related item, so, in the case of the xterm console,
every time i press in any non related listWIdget item, the xterm console
appers and dissapear outside my app for just half second or less. And like i
said, it happen every time the selecction of the listWidget changes.

I know that i am doing something wrong about stackedWidget but i will need a
tip here.

And sorry again to disturb you :$

Thanks!!!

2007/7/27, David Boddie <david at boddie.org.uk>:

> On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 19:44:11 -0300, Gustavo A. Díaz wrote:
>
> > I am having troubles to make QX11EmbedContainer to work.
> >
> > I am trying to ebbed a Xterm console inside a frame.
> > I've tested this method with QX11EmbedContainer in a example with
> Mplayer
> > movie, and that worked.
> > I am following that example but with the xterm is not working, only
> > sometimes shows this while executing the MainApp:
> >
> > "QProcess: Destroyed while process is still running"
> >
> > Nothing more.
>
> Looking at your code, it seems that you are passing the wrong option
> to xterm:
>
> self.parameters_list = ['-wid', str(wid), '-bg', 'black', '-fg', 'white',
>                         '-geometry', '90x25']
>
> You should be passing '-into' rather than '-wid'. It might also be a good
> idea to pass the QX11EmbedContainer's window ID using QString.number(wid)
> instead of just str(wid). Python may interpret the ID as a long integer
> value, so its representation will include a trailing "L" - it's not
> something you really want to pass to xterm.
>
> David

Gustavo A. Díaz
GDNet Projects
www.gdnet.com.ar