[PyQt] Re: Can't compile PyQt snapshot on Windows

Arve Knudsen arve.knudsen at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 15:22:23 BST 2007

I "solved" this problem by configuring PyQt to concatenate source files into
8 pieces, so there would be less going on on the command line. Now I have
another problem though. I have installed Python under C:\Program Files and
not directly under C:\, which doesn't fly with the PyQt build system. I had
to fix the Makefile.Release in the "designer" directory since it couldn't
cope with the whitespace in Python´s installation path -- There were two -I
directives to gcc: -I"C:\Program" and -I"Files\Python25\include", in
addition linking failed since the path to Python´s library directory wasn't
quoted (i.e., -LC:\Program Files\Python25\libs).

Arve