[PyKDE] too much code generated by QtDesigner for color change

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jan 21 19:28:28 GMT 2007

On 21.01.07 07:33:51, Tony Cappellini wrote:
> I've changed the background color of the form in my project- one click of
> the mouse.
> QTDesigner spews out all of this code- just to change the background color.
> Why so much to change only one color?

I can't confirm this, here designer sets Base and Window role for the 3
palettes one has (active,inactive and disabled) and both uic4 and
pyuic4 translate these into the same code which exactly reflects this.

In particular my pyuic code doesn't look like

>      palette = QtGui.QPalette()
>      palette.setColor(QtGui.QPalette.Active,QtGui.QPalette.ColorRole(0),
> QtGui.QColor(0,0,0))

this. I suspect that there's both a bug in Qt designer and in pyuic4
which got resolved already - I'm using Qt4.2 here together with a not
very old PyQt4 snapshot.

Andreas

--
Your temporary financial embarrassment will be relieved in a surprising manner.