[PyKDE] starting a new PyKDE project

Joseph Rawson umeboshi at gregscomputerservice.com
Wed Jan 17 17:41:16 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 17 January 2007 11:22, Joseph Rawson wrote:
> Hello,
> I've just started a new PyKDE project.  The main page is here:
> http://dosbox-pykde.berlios.de/
> I am trying to make this project an example of how to program with
> PyKDE.  Comments and suggestions are highly encouraged.
> The intended audience of the example is for people who know how to program
> in python, but are inexperienced in c++.  This is explained in greater
> detail on the web page. One of the reasons that I am taking  the time to
> make this an example application is due to the fact that there are
> currently very few PyKDE applications in the wild (at least that I am aware
> of).  Most of the applications listed here:
> http://www.diotavelli.net/PyQtWiki/SomeExistingApplications
> are written primarily in PyQt.  There is no release yet, but there is some
> code in the subversion repository.
>
> While writing this application, I have come across a number of puzzling
> problems.  I have been making notes of things that I'm unclear on, but I
> will not bombard the list with them all at once.  I have been making little
> test applications involving those areas, and I will ask about them when I
> have lost hope of figuring it out myself.
>
> I do have a quick question.  Is it possible to display a KMessageBox.error
> on any exception that is raised while the application loop is running?  I
> know that I can make my own exception classes and have them make the
> dialogs, but this only helps when I expect an error.
>
> p.s. This is the second attempt at posting to the list.  This time I put
> [PyKDE] in the subject.  Do I have to do this?
I just installed a new system a couple of weeks ago, and forgot to take the
mailer off of just local deliveries.  I've been wondering why people were not
talking back to me.  I'm sorry if the list is filled a little more than I
intended.  It may have been a little longer in finding the problem if I
hadn't posted here in the first place.  Sorry If there is a mess left from
this.

--
Joseph Rawson