[PyKDE] Licensing questions

Kenneth McDonald kenneth.m.mcdonald at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 6 04:47:07 GMT 2007

If one wants to build an application that uses pykde, there seem to be
three different licenses that need to be considered;

1) The pykde license.
2) The kde license.
3) The Qt license.

Is it possible to get some idea of how each license might apply if I
were to write a commercial application using pykde? For example, I
wouldn't be programming using Qt at all (just using it through pykde/kde
interfaces), so I don't know if a license for that would be necessary. I
have seen the various licenses, but I find that 'real-world' examples
clarify a great many things.

FWIW, I am _not_ one of the people who objects to paying for good
software and good support. Just want to know what I might be getting in to.

Thanks,
Ken