[PyKDE] broken layout

Marcos Dione mdione at grulic.org.ar
Thu Jan 4 04:19:20 GMT 2007

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 05:13:18PM +0100, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> The problem is very simple: pyuic doesn't recognize KMainWindow and thus
> doesn't generate the same code as for the QMainWindow:
>         self.setCentralWidget(QWidget(self,"qt_central_widget"))
>         MainWindowLayout = QVBoxLayout(self.centralWidget(),11,6,"MainWindowLayout")
>
> and the KMainWindow create the vbox layout with "self" as parent widget.
>
> Not sure if this will be fixed in pyuic or not, as Phil doesn't know
> wether he'll release another version of PyQt3.
>
> A simple replace in the generated file with the above code doesn't work
> either as then there's another problem with the tabwidget. I suggest to
> build the KMainWindow ui completely by handcrafted code.

    investigating even further, I found out that if I add those two lines, I
also have to use self.centralWidget() as the parent to all the widgets that are
direct children of the window. I'll come up with a sed or perl script and post
it to the general inspection.

--
(Not so) Random fortune:
I am strongly convinced that to be a good developer one needs to be the first