[PyKDE] Re: qt4 signals and slots

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Fri Feb 16 08:48:13 GMT 2007

Hi,

On Feb/16/2007, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:

> In QT4 designer, I don't see a way to add custom slots of my own. All
> that I see is a set of predefined slots. There isn't any option to add
> a custom slot there.

as far as I know: no

But I was explaining how you can do the same easily: using "auto-naming
slots".  If you have a button, you can a Python method
on_NameOfButton_clicked (check documentation for details, you need a
signature line before).  Then you don't need to connect signals and
slots in Designer: are automatically connected based on name.

(You can also use connect in your python code, if you need it -connect
only sometimes, disconnect, etc.)

> Is there any document which explains about how to add custom slots, in the
> designer, when associating with signals ?
> I really am new to QT/PyQT.

I am not an expert

--
Carles Pina i Estany		GPG id: 0x8CBDAE64
	http://pinux.info