[PyKDE] Re: qt4 signals and slots

Ritesh Raj Sarraf rrs at researchut.com
Fri Feb 16 07:43:03 GMT 2007

Carles Pina i Estany wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Feb/15/2007, Miguel Lobo wrote:
>
>> Have you already looked at the Qt4 Designer documentation at
>> http://doc.trolltech.com/4.2/designer-manual.html ?
>
> And usually, I am using the auto-connect name way. Even less work than
> qt3 :-)

Sorry if my question wasn't clear enough.

In QT3 designer, you have the option of adding your own custom slots name.
Then you can convert the .ui file to a .py file with pyuic. And then you can
populate that particular custom slot name function.

In QT4 designer, I don't see a way to add custom slots of my own. All that I see
is a set of predefined slots. There isn't any option to add a custom slot
there.
Is there any document which explains about how to add custom slots, in the
designer, when associating with signals ?
I really am new to QT/PyQT.

Thanks,
Ritesh
--