[PyQt] PyQt4.3 and stackless python 2.5.1 working?

Michael Guntsche mike at it-loops.com
Tue Aug 28 23:08:34 BST 2007

Hi list,

I recently played around a little bit with stackless python and also
wanted to try it together with PyQt to see how lightweight threading
works. The problem is that it look like stackless and pyqt4 do not
like each other very much.

from PyQt4 import QtCore

gives me a Bus error under Macosx. I searched on the internet but did
not find anything but someone mentioning that PyQt might be binary
incompatible with stackless python. So I downloaded the current
stable sip and PyQt compiled it with stackless python but the bus
error persists.
I am not sure if this is a pyqt or stackless problem so I am just
asking if someone is using stackless+pyqt without any problems.

Kind regards,
Michael