[PyQt] Embedding Qt Designer

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Wed Aug 15 12:52:56 BST 2007

On Wed Aug 15 02:57:49 BST 2007, Albert Cervera Areny wrote:

> Hi, I've seen in the docs that it's possible to write plugins for Qt
> Designer in Python, but is it possible to embed some of the components such
> as form designer in a Python Application? If so, are there any examples out
> there?

It should be possible, but will require some work with C++ and SIP because
the QDesignerComponents classes are not wrapped by PyQt. There are probably
other issues to deal with as well.

It's something I'd like to look at because it's needed to give eric4 full
Qt Designer integration, but it would be good if we could come up with a
solution that could be plugged into any Python IDE or application.

Andreas Pakulat will be along in a minute to tell you how they did it for
KDevelop. ;-)

David