KDE 4 (was: [PyKDE] PyQt 4 on openSUSE)

Joshua J. Kugler joshua at eeinternet.com
Fri Sep 8 17:53:52 BST 2006

On Friday 08 September 2006 00:26, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> It would be nice, however, to have something to play with in the meantime,
> especially for those, that would like to ship their PyKDE when KDE4 is
> released, or shortly thereafter. But then I'm not the one who has to run
> after an unstable API. In that sense, it would make a lot of sense to
> maintain only one copy in a public place (KDE SVN?), so people can more
> easily help getting PyKDE into shape.

I would think the KDE devs would be amenable to this idea, as they currently
contain Korundum and QtRuby for Ruby bindings.  See
http://developer.kde.org/language-bindings/ruby/ for more info.  Importing
PyKDE into the KDE SVN would seem only natural.

Right now, it seems the Ruby bindings have quite a bit of momentum, as
evidenced by the extensive page above.  Whereas the python bindings page has
just a few links: http://developer.kde.org/language-bindings/python/

Let's get PyKDE in KDE SVN and get movin'. :)

Joshua Kugler
Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
http://www.eeinternet.com
PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE
PO Box 80086 -- Fairbanks, AK 99708 -- Ph: 907-456-5581 Fax: 907-456-3111