[PyKDE] kde language poll

Lee Braiden lee.b at digitalunleashed.com
Wed Oct 4 21:48:37 BST 2006

Hi all,

One of the KDE devs is running a poll about which language people would prefer
to be "blessed" as the officially supported KDE scripting language.
Currently, it's neck-and-neck between ruby and python, which makes no sense
from all the statistics I've seen, so I figured that you guys haven't heard
about it yet.

I don't have any major objections to Ruby, but I prefer python, if only for
the statement by ruby devs that that Ruby will require years more work to be
unicode-compliant.

So anyway... might want to vote, even if you're a ruby person hanging out at
pykde ;)

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2426

--
Lee Braiden
http://www.digitalunleashed.com

You often say, "I would give, but only to the deserving." The trees in your
orchard say not so, nor the flocks in your pasture. They give that they may
live, for to withhold is to perish.  Surely he who is worthy to receive his
days and his nights is worthy of all else from you...And who are you that
men should rend their bosom and unveil their pride, that you may see their
worth naked and their pride unabashed? See first that you yourself deserve
to be a giver, and an instrument of giving. For in truth it is life that
gives unto life - while you, who deem yourself a giver, are but a witness.
 -- Khalil Gibran