[PyKDE] sip-4.4.5 problem

Hans-Peter Jansen hpj at urpla.net
Tue Oct 3 12:51:29 BST 2006

Am Dienstag, 3. Oktober 2006 08:26 schrieb Neil Philip Hankey:
> I'm trying to install PyQT (PyQt-x11-gpl-4.0.1) on a SUSE 10.1 box
> and having problems with sip-4.4.5. After installing sip-4.4.5 by
> following the configure->make->make install process the system still
> reports and sip-4.2.1 is present and active and PyQT can not be
> installed because of this.
> ///Python session///
> import sipconfig

> '4.2.1'
>
> My guess is that sip-4.2.1 is needed by the system to fulfill the
> dependence requirements of the KDE 3.5 desktop.
>
> Can anyone help me with this problem?
>
> Neil.

rpm -e kdebindings3-python and all dependent packages

Its always favorable to create packages for the immanent package manager
(rpm in your case). As a starter, I can send you a current
kdebindings3-python.src.rpm (2.2 MB), which is only the PyQt4 part
missing.. (and doesn't contain the latest/greatest PyKDE for the time
being)..

Pete