[PyKDE] Problem compiling PyKDE with latest sip

Jim Bublitz jbublitz at nwinternet.com
Sun Jun 4 07:48:09 BST 2006

On Saturday 03 June 2006 11:06, Detlev Offenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to compile PyKDE (latest snapshot) with the latest sip and got the
> following error during the configure step.

> Generating the C++ source for the kdecore module...
> sip: KMD5::update() has overloaded functions with the same Python signature
> Error: Unable to create the C++ code.

I would guess the problem is that  in kdecore/kmdcodec.sip, the KMD5 class has
an update ( ... ) method that takes a char argument and another that takes a
uchar argument.. Commenting out one or the other would probably fix it
(haven't had time to try it). The KMD4 class (later in the same file) has the
same situation. Apparently the new snapshot triggers that as a problem, where
previously it hasn't been (hasn't been particularly useful or necessary to
have both methods either).

There might also be other instances elsewhere, but at the moment it doesn't
look like any major sip changes to deal with (I'm guessing).

I have a lot going on at the moment, but will try to get a new PyKDE snapshot
out ASAP. Can probably pick up KDE 3.5.3 (which probably won't change much)
at the same time. It's likely to be at least a few days, if not longer.

Jim